Friday, July 01, 2005

The Half-Yearly Sweep

As midday on July 1st is the exact midpoint of the year, here's the official Sweeping The Nation Top Five In No Particular Order Albums Of 2005 So Far:



You know, like on everyone else's list.



Took a while to warm to it, but in the end I realised it more needed cooling towards.



Brings having fun back into electronically processed music.



Or at least it will be when a UK label does the decent licensing thing. The best thing about it is you immediately know what it's like from the fact it's a US indie album called Picaresque.



Seems to have become the arbitary first on the block in the post-punk revival backlash for no good reason, which is a shame in that it's probably the closest to the spirit and feel of the source material

2 comments:

if said...

Bah, Funeral was released last year! I didn't buy it til it came out here either but including it on this year's still feels like cheating. Otherwise I might agree, although I prefer The Tendefoot and Patrick Wolf. Probably.

Simon said...

Oh, I know, but I can twist the rules if I want. Also I couldn't think of a strong enough contender to be put out on its own in fifth (The Boy Least Likely To, possibly, but I'm not sure yet what my standing would be at this moment if I declared a real love for a record that's essentially Hats Off To Sarah Records)